Directions for Downloading Data
The E00 file is a proprietary format designed for use with Arc/Info and ArcView, which are sophisticated
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) written and marketed by the Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI).
Other GIS and mapping software sometimes can read 'e00' files - consult your software documentation for more information.
The Shapefile is an open format also used by Arc/Info, ArcView, and some other GIS and mapping software.
If You Need Software for Data Viewing/Analysis
You may download ESRI's free Arc Explorer software for viewing Shapefiles by going to the ESRI web site.
Directions for Downloading
- Download files using either "Shift-Click" on the colored buttons, or if your browser loads the data on the screen instead of asking
you where to save the file, go back and click with your with your RIGHT mouse button and select "Save Link As" (Netscape) or "Save Target As"
(Internet Explorer). Your browser should ask you to decide where on your local disk to save the file and let you specify what its name should be.
- The blue dot enables you to download all files associated with the theme: shape files, metadata, ESRI coverages, annotation files, and so on. You pick what you want from a list that is provided.
- The green dot displays metadata.
- Move pointer over dot to see the approximate data file size.
- Unless otherwise stated, data is in the Idaho Transverse Mercator (IDTM) projection. You can read about IDTM and get the projection parameters commonly used at IDWR.
For further assistance downloading data, contact Linda Davis or Ben Britton.