National Hydrography Dataset & Watershed Boundary Dataset in Idaho
In Idaho the NHD is completed at the 1:100,000 scale and 1:24,000 scale. To continuously improve the NHD and provide the most accurate "on the ground" hydrography, the
Idaho Department of Water Resources (IDWR) has agreed to function as a Steward for NHD data in Idaho. If you have better data than currently exists in the NHD please
submit an update.
Updates in Progress
- Updating linework and names for Falls Irrigation District, Watson Canal Company, Eastern Idaho Water Company, Idaho Irrigation District, and Progressive Irrigation District.
- Updated linework and names in the Boise area, HU 17050114, We will be updating the geometry and names for this subbasin. If you have linework that you would like included
in this revision, please Email us.
- Updated linework and names within the boundary of the AFRD #2/Big Wood Canal Company in subbasins 17040219, 17040212, and 17040221.
- Photorectified linework for the Camas Creek area, HU 17040220.
- Updated intermediate/perennial stream classifications for the Coeur D’Alene area, HU 17010303.
- Updated linework and names within the boundary of the Watson Canal Company in HU 17040206.
- Updated linework and names within the boundary of Falls Irrigation District in HU 17040209.
Idaho NHD Technical Point of Contact
Phone: (208) 287-4938
GIS Section Manager
Idaho NHD Principal Steward
Phone: (208) 287-4877
Idaho Department of Water Resources
322 East Front Street
PO Box 83720
Boise, Idaho 83720-0098
For a list of contacts for neighboring states, as well as a list of contacts for specific regions or hydrologic units, please email Danielle Favreau.